Monday, May 30, 2016

Susan Villanueva

12:55am
30.05.16

Hello!
You might be surprised that I came back too early, huh? Well, I must say now that I'm feeling good!
After that intense writing I did on my previous post and a frustrating event that happened in my work, I felt that I was able to release all my tensions and anxiousness. I'm not going to recall the frustrating scenario, but instead, I'm going to be thankful to my colleague at work who reminded me that I'm just a human after all, trying to be perfect on things with all of my own imperfections. sigh

It's early morning today of Monday, I have no work for tomorrow, so I seize this time to reflect and clear up my thoughts as the school season's coming again! Time flies so fast, I would've not noticed also that I'm going two months at work, which I guess, a little achievement for me! lol.

The thing is, with the help of my very good colleague of mine and a book that I've read during those times, I realized that I was missing a lot from this life I had. I forgot that I could actually fight my pessimist side for most of the time; I forgot that I can actually voice out my thoughts just like how I do with my students during discussion; I forgot that I have the option to go with the flow instead of hating everybody around me, without sacrificing who am I and what I want. I forgot that I also have my personal and family goals, in which, it's too early to quit. All of these were thanks to Susan. Aka Stargirl.

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
The book is about a home-schooled girl (aka Susan Caraway) who showed how life is all about with kindness and love at Mica High School which resulted in an ecstatic change in the school's academe, morals and culture.

“She was elusive. She was today. She was tomorrow. She was the faintest scent of a cactus flower, the flitting shadow of an elf owl. We did not know what to make of her. In our minds we tried to pin her to a cork board like a butterfly, but the pin merely went through and away she flew.”

“Who's love do you cherish more? Hers or theirs?  When you decide that, it's all downhill from there.” 

Aaaaaand there's this an American (Hispanic/Latin lead actors actually) TV show that I'm in guilty pleasure of during weekends. I started at this since summer, where I can really relate well on Jane, the lead actress. (I even followed some of the cast on Twitter, they're are really something, I swear!)
The show had finished seasons 1 & 2, and it was confirmed that they'll be working on season 3 for October release! Yay! I'll tell you what, I'm ready to finish season 2 this summer! Aja!

Jane the Virgin by C.W. Network
Jane Gloriana-Villanueva is a virgin since birth and almost-married to her long time boyfriend Michael, who is a cop. At the day of her pap smear schedule, she was accidentally inseminated with a sperm of a married rich man owner of Marbella Hotel, Rafael. Little did she know that the doctor who artificially inseminated her was Raf's half-sister, Luisa Alver and Raf was her first kiss/love she had way back her junior days. Then there where things had gone insane for Jane, Michael and Rafael's lives.

Jane (aka Gina Rodriguez IRL) is verrrrrrry lovely. Both persons, whether in character or real life, excludes so much positivity and real-life reactions on every day life's challenges. I adore how they handle things in a systematic way (although Jane freaks out much of her times) and stays on track of it.

These two literary pieces got so much of me to be motivated again to wake up every morning with a smile.
I hope you can now guess what does the title of this blog post means. :)))


I guess this is all for today.
Good Morning! :)

PS. This is a late post after my connection got lost yesterday. See you soon! ^^



No comments:

Post a Comment