Sunday, November 8, 2015

On Commuting...

So today I went to a mall to see new friends on the block. Socializing is not bad enough for a hopeless romantic like me. SMH

Anyway, I resort to commuting since it is weekend and I can't afford to disturb Dad for my personal reasons/trips around our city. Just a few minutes after I sat on the jeep and counted my coins for the fare, two young street boys (the usual batang namamalimos here in our corrupted country) went straight up on aisle of the jeep and the older one knelt while distributing their greasy envelopes of mercy. 

Some older folks kept returning the envelopes (and I did as well, of course, it won't help them, really.) because it will just perpetuate the vicious cycle of their daily monkey business. I thought it would just be their normal 'hey-I-need-money-day'; but what irked me the most is when the older boy suddenly looted the monay of the lady in front of me! and take note, the lady was still munching it. SO DISAPPOINTING. Like me, the lady was surprised and we both stared at the older street boy. 

In a swift move, he instantly faced me and asked again for money. 
"Tvng-inv, may pagkain ka na nga, nanghihingi ka pa ng pera."

My subconcious whispering me; but no, I did not told him that.

Unknowingly, I just stared at him for a few moments and it broke up when the driver tells them to go down. 

Sinigawan pa kami ng madamot pagkababang-baba nila.

PUNYETA.




No comments:

Post a Comment